I’ve put together a basic Microsoft Office ribbon built on top of Sencha Ext JS. You can download it here.
There’s a reasonable amount left to do. What I’ll be adding in the near future:
- Handle the layout better. At the moment it requires the table container and that’s row major while menu items are viewed as column major.
- Have an option to layout a series of controls in 2 rows in a group.
- Inline galleries (like selecting a paragraph style in Word).
There’s also things it needs that I will not be adding, but I hope someone else will:
Take a pass on the CSS. I’m not good at CSS so there are places where it could be better.
- Especially the menu header style!
- Compressing button groups if the screen isn’t wide enough.
- Paste drop-down menu where it’s multiple buttons on a row.
- Display as standard (not ribbon) menu.
- Quick Access toolbar.