Georgia Institute of Technology Crowned 2014 Windward Code Wars Champ!

Georgia Tech Defeats Colorado School of Mines and University of Maryland — College Park in Thrilling Final Round

Congrats to the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets, a team of students Ben Cousins, Sadra Yazdanbod, Yijie Wang, and Zhongtian Jiang, who took home the coveted glass sailboat trophy this weekend!

They beat runner-up Over Developed from Colorado School of Mines by a final round score of 103 to 94.3. In a very close challenge, third place went to String Theory from the University of Maryland College Park with a final score of 94.0.

We had a blast and the students did too, as you could see in the postings, videos and emails that made their way around this weekend. Here are five fun images from the 2014 Code Wars.

collegianfrontpage

The front page of The Rocky Mountain Collegian, school newspaper of Colorado State University. As student Pash Volchak says, “Computer science is all about…being creative and creating a better algorithm, because even a monkey can be taught to write code.”

995852_10151955192303506_1146556536_n

Greta Gadbois at Harvey Mudd posted on the school’s Facebook page: “TEAM TINY HIPPO MADE THE FINALS!!!!!!!!!!!! Good enough is enough!!!!!!!”

BoxOfRobots

Baubles from a sunken treasure chest? No, it’s the Code Wars robot trophies mixing it up. alexandria selfie

A selfie from the Faculty of Engineering, Alexandria University team. Code Wars’ first Egyptian competitors.

FinalsFinalVideoFrame

The finals round. Look at those A.I.s go!